1.To be an eligible candidate for CAT 2019, A candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree with at least 50 % marks. [45% in the case of candidate belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD) categories].
NOTE – The degree or equivalent diploma must be awarded by any University or educational institution as incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State legislature in India or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
2. The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution. In the case of grades/CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/Institution.
NOTE – If any University/institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
3. Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
NOTE – However, it may be noted that such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if they submit a certificate from the Principal/Registrar of their University/Institution (issued on or before the date as stipulated by the respective IIM) stating that they have completed all the requirements for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate. IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process.
RESERVATION CRITERIA For CAT 2019
As per the eligibility criteria for CAT 2019 certain proportions certain seats are reserved for SC, ST, OBC, PwD.
|1||Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|2||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|3||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|
|4||Persons with disability||3%|
PwD category will include candidates with the following disability are:
- Candidates who have a hearing impairment
- Candidates with low vision blindness
- Candidates with a locomotor disability or cerebral palsy
NOTE – Candidates will be able to apply under the PwD category only if any they suffer from disabilities that have been mentioned above and are not less than 40 %. The extent of disability under which the candidates will be considered eligible to apply is mentioned by medical authority and also explained in the said PWD Act, 1995 (Section 39).
Documents Required for CAT 2019 Registration & Application Process
To fill the CAT application form 2019 without any error, you must keep the following documents by your side:
- Class 10 mark sheet
- Class 12 mark sheet
- Graduation mark sheets/certificate
- Date of Birth certificate
- Address proof
- Caste category certificate (if applicable)
- PwD category certificate (if applicable)
- Scribe certificate (if applicable)
- Credit/debit card or net banking credentials
- Work experience document